Japanese Support CSR - Work From Home Job (Renton, WA, US)
Japanese Support CSR - Work From Home Job (Renton, WA, US)
Japanese Support CSR - Work From Home
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
PAI and Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Japanese Support CSR - Remote to join the PAI team. This is a remote, work from home position, and you will be employed by our partner, PAI.
This position will be working for a vendor of Wizards of the Coast to provide Customer Service support. All qualified applicants’ resumes will be shared with our vendor for pre-screening and selection. All information will be kept confidential.
Essential Duties: The Japanese Support CSR is responsible for responding to inquiries from customers, providing assistance to the end user on supported products including Wizards of the Coast core brands, applications, and software. The Japanese Support CSR is responsible for accurate and efficient problem diagnosis. Must remain informed and trained in current products and have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to follow multiple processes accurately. Knowledge and experience with Wizards of the Coast products (Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons) is a requirement, and knowledge/experience with products should be included with your cover letter or in your submission. Language and cultural fluency in Japanese is a must.
Scope of Responsibility
Provide excellent customer service at all times by demonstrating the following:
- Efficiently and effectively resolve issues presented by our customer’s end users over the e-mail, ticket, phone and chat systems.
- Troubleshooting technical issues with Wizards of the Coast’s products, specifically Magic: the Gathering Online.
- Assist Japanese speaking customers with product related inquiries, including release dates, rules questions, and other general product information.
- Follow all processes and procedures established for the company with a high degree of efficiency.
- Always follow designated scripts and converse with customers using an alert and positive tone.
- Become proficient with helpdesk software utilizing the ticket entry system.
- Promptly complete training assignments when new modules are available and required to service assigned “Skill Sets.”
- Participate as a positive, supportive team member with a consistent goal in meeting customer satisfaction metrics.
- Maintain excellent communication with coworkers and supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (required):
- Able to learn and adapt quickly in a demanding customer service environment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, read and get clarification, responds well to questions. Avoid long lapses in communications while waiting for seeking information or during other such occurrences. Keep the client informed of anticipated delays and up-dates on progress during these times. Write clearly and informatively, edits all work for spelling and grammar, must be able to read and interpret written information.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Show respect and sensitivity for individual & cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect, keep commitments, inspire the trust of others, work with integrity and ethics and uphold organization’s values.
- Follow policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, support organization's goals and values.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment and services.
- Consistently arrive at work and on time as scheduled. Customers are serviced 24/7, so scheduling may vary; flexibility in availability to different times or shifts is necessary. Includes holidays and weekends.
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments.
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles, measure self against standard of excellence.
- Approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, look for ways to improve and promote quality and communicates it with supervisors, apply feedback to improve performance, monitor own work to ensure quality and promptness.
- Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity and works quickly.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1-3 years customer service with direct customer interaction, general knowledge of PC applications and software, hardware and system configuration knowledge, strong problem diagnosing, and problem solving skills. Knowledge of Wizards of the Coast core brands, particularly Magic: the Gathering organized play, is required.
SKILLS: Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks, a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be a person who is very positive and enjoys the work. Must be motivated towards constantly improving customer service and technical skills using tools provided by the company, as well as pursuing self-development beyond that available through the workplace.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be fluent in Japanese and English. Must have strong verbal communication skills with the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, ability to write clearly in correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate sums, subtractions, divisions, and multiplications as seen in Wizards of the Coast core brands.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in the following software applications:
- Internet Explorer/Firefox
- E-mail Microsoft Outlook and/or Express
- Others may be indicated for specific customer support
- Ability to apply skills enabling the application of new or proprietary software with training
- Ability to type 45 WPM error free.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: No certificates, licenses or registrations are necessary to perform this job successfully.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This job requires an individual to sit, chat and hear over 2/3 of the time. It requires looking at a PC monitor over 2/3 of the time. It does not require an individual to stand, walk, reach extensively with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell.
This job rarely requires lifting weight of more than 10lbs. to be lifted or force be exerted.
This job requires an individual to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) in order to look at computer monitors and status monitors. Manual dexterity is also a requirement for typing, use of a mouse and phone device.
While this document attempts to describe the key requirements and expectations of this job, it is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned at any time to meet company objectives. PAI reserves the right to change or amend the requirements and duties related to this position as necessary. While up-dates to job descriptions will be made from time to time as needed, current descriptions do not limit an employee’s requirement to perform other tasks or responsibilities as requested.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards - Corporate