Associate Producer Job (Renton, WA, US)
Associate Producer Job (Renton, WA, US)
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Producer to join our Core Services team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Assist Producers and Senior Producers to provide a focal point of leadership for the technology and cross-functional business teams when driving technology projects. These projects will be focused on service platform work that runs the back-end of organized play apps and game services. This position does not work on applications or consumer-facing UIs.
As an associate producer, you will be expected to develop a knowledge of the products within your domain and agile product development processes in order to ensure that technical solutions meet business objectives, assist the Product Manager in feature prioritization, tradeoffs and other business decision-making, and serve the technical team while working through the software development lifecycle. You will sometimes act as scrum master to your teams.
You will most often be assisting other Producers on projects, but may be asked to lead small or medium sized projects on your own. You will work closely with a team usually consisting of a Product Manager who represents the business, a Project Manager who is in charge of schedules and budgets, and a number of software engineers, quality engineers, designers and various technical and business stakeholders, as well as vendors.
You will be expected to help orchestrate the efforts of these various roles and groups and look for gaps and opportunities to deliver projects within constraints.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Planning - Elaboration
- Work with stakeholders to ensure project objectives, strategies and tactics are in alignment with the goals.
- Help establish a team that is resourced appropriately to accomplish project goals.
- Work with Product Manager to develop enough specifications to begin working.
- Help develop the story backlog.
Delivery - Production Management
- Deliver or help deliver one or more projects at a time.
- Understand and be accountable for technical solutions.
- Both follow and lead the agreed-upon software development lifecycle methodology.
- Represent the project to stakeholders in reports and meetings, including demos and presentations.
- Help protect the user experience and project objectives in the face of changing business and technical environments.
- Remove impediments from the team to allow work to continue uninterrupted.
Leadership / Management
- Set project tempo and team attitude.
- Be reliable and proactive.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Anticipate issues before they arise and propose solutions.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
- Cross-functional business and technical stakeholders from all corners of the organization
- An agile team of software, quality and technical operations engineers
- Product Managers, Project Managers and other Producers
- This role is accountable for delivering on the objectives and business value of the project, and as such, has the authority to make decisions around the technical solutions being proposed and to make recommendations to other team members and stakeholders around their domains of decision making.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 2+ years of experience building, delivering, launching or maintaining web sites, applications, web services or service platforms.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Familiarity with system architecture and software development – you do not need to be a developer, but you need to be familiar with how a software product gets created and delivered
- Experience helping create, manage or operate a software system such as a web site, application or service platform
- Knowledge of SDLCs, especially Scrum or Kanban, is a plus
- Ability to craft and deliver status reports and presentations
- Ability to lead a meeting
- Effective leadership skills
- High motivation to deliver excellence
- Desire to raise the quality of the team by both serving and motivating
Education and Training:
- Education or experience with web, app or back-end technology projects
- Scrum training (CSM, CSPO) a plus
- Bachelors degree or commensurate work experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- 3 Months
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast