Featured Job View
Associate Brand Manager
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Bring Your Brain….
We’ll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Brand Manager to join our Global Brand Marketing team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Come play with us! Fuse your passion for entertainment marketing with the world’s best strategy card game, Magic: The Gathering, by joining our marketing team as an Associate Brand Manager. In this position, you will contribute to the Magic: The Gathering team by crafting and executing experiential marketing campaigns that strive to bring people together through their shared love of games. You’ll use your creativity and background in games or entertainment marketing to inspire fans to play more Magic, your team leadership and communication skills to motivate your peers (both in your office and regionally based throughout the world) around a campaign vision, and your attention to detail and organizational skills to execute on campaign projects from planning through delivery.
The ideal candidate will have an affinity for games or other lifestyle brands as well as an understanding of pop and geek culture. A passion for Magic: The Gathering would set the candidate up for even greater success.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Responsible for the development and execution of tactical business plans for product and marketing:
• Writes cross-functional business plans including Marketing, Product, Advertising, Web, Social Media, Promotions, Organized Play, Events, and Public Relations.
• Owns execution and analysis of marketing programs including promotions and advertising.
• Provide product specifications to production and R&D/Digital Development teams.
• Provides product and marketing information to other departments and external partners.
• Work in conjunction with international business and marketing teams to globally execute brand initiatives.
• Act as liaison with creative departments/agencies responsible for packaging, media, advertising development, promotions, merchandising, etc.
• Make key tactical decisions on quality, cost, and timing for product and marketing materials under parameters set by Brand Manager.
• Analyzes and reports on performance and ROI of marketing and product plans.
• Monitors and reports on consumer reaction and generates consumer insight driven product and marketing proposals
Prepare and deliver sales and marketing presentations.
Work with finance to ensure financial targets are being met:
• Track marketing expenses within budget parameters.
• Analyze spending trends.
Researches and communicates current market trends and competitive activity to identify new business opportunities.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Product teams (Research & Development, Creative, Production, Digital, Licensing)
• Marketing teams (Advertising, Market Research, Marketing Creative, Public Relations, Organized Play, Web)
• International teams (Business and Marketing)
• Licensee/ licensor and/or business and promotional partners
• This is an individual contributor position responsible for the development of marketing, product, and business plans which need to be reviewed and approved by their manager. This position is empowered to make decisions regarding the execution of these approved plans as long as they stay within the approved budget and philosophy. Significant deviations from the plan must be approved by their manager.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 2-3 years of marketing and/or product development experience required.
• 1-2 years of support in the brand marketing field preferred.
• Experience in the video/digital game, hobby game, toy, entertainment, or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Proven ability to plan and execute on marketing and/or product plans.
• Ability to work effectively with and lead diverse groups of people.
• Good organization, prioritization and time management skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Proficient with MS Office products.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Knowledge of word-of-mouth marketing and social media in addition to classical marketing preferred.
• Knowledge of product development processes preferred.
• Experience working with international partners a plus.
• Knowledge of geek and pop culture desirable.
• Knowledge of video games and/or trading card or other hobby games a plus.
Education and Training:
• BA/BS or commensurate experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or related coursework.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 6 Months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast
Associate Brand Manager
|Senior Coordinator, Order Fulfillment||Mon, 09/26/2016||Apply now||link|
|Executive Producer, Digital Game Development||Sat, 09/24/2016||Apply now||link|
|Graphic Designer, R&D||Thu, 09/22/2016||Apply now||link|
|Vice President, Digital Publishing||Tue, 09/20/2016||Apply now||link|
|Software Developer, Rules Engine||Tue, 09/20/2016||Apply now||link|
|Tier 2 Customer Service Rep - TEMPORARY||Mon, 09/19/2016||Apply now||link|
|Director, Digital Product Marketing||Sun, 09/18/2016||Apply now||link|
|WPN Senior Store Lead, Germany Job (Germany, Dreieich, US)||Sun, 09/18/2016||Apply now||link|
|Associate Brand Manager||Tue, 09/13/2016||Apply now||link|
|Executive Assistant||Sun, 09/11/2016||Apply now||link|
|Analyst, Technical Support||Thu, 09/08/2016||Apply now||link|
|Director, Competitive Gaming & eSports||Tue, 08/30/2016||Apply now||link|