Featured Job View
Digital Product Manager
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Product Manager, Magic: The Gathering to join our Marketing team.
Launched in 2002, Magic: The Gathering Online is the official online edition of the world’s most popular trading card game. Magic Online allows players to collect and trade virtual cards, build the perfect deck and find opponents at all skill levels – all from the comfort of their own homes. For more information on Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering Online, visit www.wizards.com.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Would you like to work at a company full of people so passionate about their gaming hobby that it’s their job? If yes, please proceed to the next paragraph. If no, are you sure? Please reread that first sentence.
We have an immediate need for a results-oriented, innovative Digital Product Manager to support our flagship game brand, Magic: The Gathering. In this role, you will help determine the strategic direction, business requirements, and critical feature sets of digital products and services and ensure they are delivered on schedule, within budget, and aligned to business goals.
Working closely with internal teams, international Hasbro offices, and external partners, you will lead multiple digital product management initiatives with the ultimate goal of delivering quality, consumer-insight driven, global experiences.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in consumer-focused digital product management, software development and production, customer engagement systems, team leadership skills, superior end-to-end execution of projects, and an affinity for games or other lifestyle brands.
A passion for Magic: The Gathering is a huge asset, but not a requirement, provided the candidate has previous product lifecycle management experience in a consumer-focused entertainment or software company.
Under the direction of the Sr. Digital Product Manager, and in close partnership with several internal teams and global offices, this position’s responsibilities include:
Product Lifecycle Management
- Establish detailed and prioritized user requirements and critical feature sets for assigned products, projects, and services based on business objectives and customer/market insights- Prioritize maintenance and development efforts for assigned products, projects, and services- Provide direction to Producers and Program/Project Managers to ensure implementation plans for assigned products, projects, and services achieve defined success criteria, including user engagement and product adoption objectives- Analyze and assess products and processes from a competitive and best practices standpoint, recommending improvements aligned with business objectives
- Accountable for profit and loss or budgetary management of assigned products, projects, and services, where applicable- Help define product/service adoption and other business goals, and determine appropriate execution strategies, for assigned products, projects, and services- Responsible for delivering presentations and updates to internal stakeholders and the executive management team
- Define and implement business-aligned acquisition, engagement, and revenue targets and plans for assigned products, projects, and services- Work closely with internal teams to develop and execute plans to foster customer or consumer awareness, adoption, and engagement for assigned products, projects, and services
This role will require developing strong partnerships and close interactions with multiple individuals and groups within Wizards of the Coast including (but not limited to):
- Brand & Digital Marketing- Technology teams- Game Design & Development- Business Intelligence- Game Support & Customer Service- Public Relations- Finance- Legal- External Partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Practical knowledge of digital product/service/game marketing- Practical knowledge of project management practices and supporting tools- Practical knowledge of modern software development practices (Agile, Lean, Scrum, etc.)- Experience incorporating insightful consumer understanding and analytical data into product/project/service planning and management- Experience managing complete product/service lifecycles through initiation, launch, updates, maintenance, and end-of-life- Experience directly leading and influencing cross-functional product/service development and operations teams in a matrixed/diverse organization- Expertise driving actionable plans aligned to strategic vision and goals- Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters- Excellent communication and presentation skills- Highly creative, resourceful, and visionary- Experience working with international partners a plus- A passion for Magic: The Gathering a huge plus
- This position is expected to contribute to Magic’s digital strategies and plans, and is empowered to execute those strategies approved by Director of Product Management/Player Lifecycle Management
Education and Training:
- B.A./B.S. in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Economics or equivalent degree or work experience- Knowledge of computer and mobile technology/platforms, distribution/operations models- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook requiredPrior Related Experience:- 5+ years of direct experience in digital/online Product Management and/or Product Marketing- Previous experience with a leading digital game/entertainment/service-oriented company strongly preferred - previous experience with Magic: The Gathering products a plus- Understanding of online customer engagement services required – strong understanding of the Magic: The Gathering player communities a plus
- May require up to 5% travel time, including international travel
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- 3 months
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time
- There is no relocation assistance associated with this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards - Corporate
|Implementation Analyst||Wed, 04/29/2015||Apply now||link|
|Manager, Player Experience Job (Stockley Park, UK, US)||Tue, 04/28/2015||Apply now||link|
|Software Developer - Temporary||Thu, 04/23/2015||Apply now||link|
|Sr. Software Developer, MTGO - C++||Wed, 04/22/2015||Apply now||link|
|CRM Application Administrator||Wed, 04/22/2015||Apply now||link|
|Associate Manager, Event Marketing||Mon, 04/20/2015||Apply now||link|
|Network Engineer||Sun, 04/19/2015||Apply now||link|
|Enterprise Architect||Thu, 04/16/2015||Apply now||link|
|Systems Engineer, ServiceNow - Temporary||Wed, 04/15/2015||Apply now||link|
|Graphic Designer, Fluent Japanese - Temporary||Wed, 04/08/2015||Apply now||link|
|Content Specialist, Magic||Mon, 04/06/2015||Apply now||link|