Featured Job View
Director, Software Game Development
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Software Game Development to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
This Director, manages software design and development of commercial-grade platform services for game systems, client and server infrastructure specific to Magic Digital. Directly supervises a cross-functional team of 25-50 software development managers, leads, and staff.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard:
- Directs the implementation, delivery, and maintenance of the ‘common’ systems, projects, and services utilized by all our applications (SaaS/PaaS), impacting the customer experience and interaction with Wizards, specifically with the Magic Digital Experience.
- Works closely with the Enterprise Architecture & Operations teams to drive scale, performance and availability of
- delivered services and applications.
- Determines appropriate sourcing (i.e., out license, outsource, in-source) and negotiates/establishes favorable deal
- terms based on an appropriate budget.
- Directs long-term strategy for systems in support of business priorities and execution.
- Directs day to day activities, ensuring that all teams in the manager’s domain are cross communicating and working
- towards a cohesive goal.
- Ensures technology development portion of the organization is appropriately aligned and leverages the technology
- capabilities of Hasbro IT and other organizations where appropriate.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
The Director will lead, manage and develop an effective 25-50 person internal & external technology organization with the following disciplines:
- Software Development
- System Engineering
- Vendor Management
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 10+ years related experience taking a leading role in building complex enterprise software systems that have been
- successfully delivered to customers.
- 7+ years of experience in data-driven development practices - optimizing client and server performance, as well as
- re-evaluating priorities based on analytics and performance data.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life
- cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and
- 7+ years of experience in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to
- back-end systems and all points in between, to include 3+ years of experience with distributed computing.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Proven development management experience with teams delivering software on high-scale, high availability
- production environments.
- Solid understanding of the technical platforms and applications, SDLC and development best practices required.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of
- the organization required.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication facilitation skills are required to manage through the often opposing]
- demands put on systems design, development, and operations from a time, cost, scope, and quality perspective.
- Proven ability to achieve results, make quality decisions, build relationships, drive success with people and adapt and learn.
- Ability to lead and mentor direct reports.
- Ability to work under continual deadline constraints.
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's of Arts or Sciences degree required or commensurate work experience
- Master's of Sciences desired
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- 6+ months
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast
Director, Software Game Development