Featured Job View
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Organized Play Promotions to join our team. Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Provide strategic planning and tactical direction to promote global Organized Play experiences for all Wizards of the Coast games, with the goal to aggressively acquire Organized Play new players and deepen engagement of existing OP players.
- Manage an annual budget of $1 million
- In close collaboration with Brand, Sales and R&D, defines the positioning and target audience of all Organized Play programs.
- Provide strategic vision to increase the appeal and reach of Wizards of the Coast organized play offering through targeted marketing and promotion. Elaborate the strategies to meet the goals set by the Director, Organized Play.
- Monitor the global performance of the promotional activities in support of Organized Play.
- Provide strategic planning and tactical direction to improve the promotion of Organized Play through brand dedicated websites, community outlets and online coverage. Elaborate the strategies to meet the goals set by the Director, Organized Play. Choice of promotional platforms, fan sites etc. and will coordinate tactics with the appropriate teams (eg. Community Team, International Brand/OP representatives).
- Collaborate with Sales and Trade Marketing to ensure strong alignment of messaging of Wizards of the Coast play programs to retailers and organizers.
- Continuously research and understand the global player community behaviors.
- Manage a team of 4 FTE plus one contractor in charge of Organized Play related web content development, online coverage and players’ coordination.
- Magic Community Manager, Sr Trade Marketing Manager, Market Research/Consumer Insight, Director Global Player Engagement
- Licensee/ licensor and/or business partners
- 5 Total Staff managed
- 4 Direct Reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated marketing skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to offer creative solutions
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Good knowledge of consumer outreach tools and services
- Demonstrated ability to think globally
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to be insightful of consumer/marketplace behavior
- Familiarity with Wizards of the Coast products
- Good presentation skills
Prior Required Experience:
- 5+ years of marketing experience in gaming / leisure industry
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of budget management experience
- 3+ years of prior experience working with International
- Experience in organized competition (sports, online games)
Education and Training:
- BS Degree (Marketing Preferred)
- 10% of time per year
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- 3 months
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.