Featured Job View
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager to join our Magic: The Gathering team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards of the Coast is looking to tap someone with the perfect combination of high-level public relations experience, talent for storytelling, and real geek cred to join the Magic: The Gathering team as Communications Manager. Join our team and collaborate with some of the most creative and passionate minds in gaming.
As Communications Manager, you will play a lead role in making sure the world knows how fun Magic is, while also helping us make sure fans have accurate and timely information about play opportunities and new products.
You’ll be an integral part of the Magic team as you craft and manage clear and compelling commutation plans that engage your fan community, inspire press, and spark interest in potential players. You’ll contribute to Magic’s success by getting the word out about Magic’s awesome play experiences and passionate community, ultimately driving brand enthusiasm.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard:
- Develop and execute of public relations tactics to promote sets and other products
- Draft crisis communications protocol, boilerplate language, FAQs about key topics, and other tools for the brand
- Coordinate cross-departmental plans and responses to communications issues, including crisis situations, controversial or nuanced announcements, and unforeseen opportunities
- Help develop the public relations skills of junior communications staff
- Prepare members of R&D and other departments to speak to media and at live events
- Manage relationships with external partners and players, including public relations firms and other vendors, prominent players, tournament organizers, content creators, and some journalists
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
- Director of Communications
- Marketing Copywriter
- External Partners
- Public Relations team
- Media team
- Creative and Production Services team
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5+ years professional public relations experience
- Knowledge of Magic: The Gathering preferred
- Working with major entertainment and/or gaming brands preferred
- Preparing colleagues and/or clients for interviews and speaking engagements, and developing junior talent and helping them grow professionally
- Developing public relations strategies to protect and grow brands
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Rich understanding of social and traditional media and fan community behaviors
- Proven ability to draft and edit clear messaging and responses, especially about esoteric or complex topics
- Strong decision making skills, both to address crisis situations and address them before they arise
- Ability to develop trust and maintain good relationships with colleagues across disciplines as well as journalists and other external players
- Commitment to developing and maintaining a deep understanding of Magic and its fans as well as current consumer patterns, social media, and popular marketing trends in general
- Demonstrated familiarity with dedicated, passionate fan communities is necessary
Education and Training:
- 4-year college degree or commensurate work experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- 6 months
- May require up to 10% travel time, including international travel
- Office environment, able to work on a computer for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Wizards of the Coast
Business Unit: Wizards - Corporate