Featured Job View
Senior Game Designer, Magic Online Job
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Role-playing Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Game Designer, Magic Online to join our team.Launched in 2002, Magic: The Gathering Online (MTGO) is the official online edition of the world’s most popular trading card game.
Magic Online allows players to collect and trade virtual cards, build the perfect deck and find opponents at all skill levels – all from the comfort of their own homes. For more information on Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering Online, visit www.wizards.com.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
The Senior Game Designer, Magic Online role is critical for delivering high-quality Magic Online card set releases, and for crafting an optimal suite of play opportunities to support player and business needs. The Senior Game Designer is responsible for defining the implementation of all new cards on Magic Online, prioritizing Magic Online card bugs, and defining new play formats and tournament structures. The Senior Game Designer works cross-departmentally to optimize the play experiences offered on Magic Online.
- Provide vision for new game-play experiences and for superior execution on existing concepts for Magic Online in alignment with R&D and greater Wizards Magic strategies.
- Prioritize maintenance, development, and marketing efforts for assigned products, projects, and services
- Lead product and experience design teams for Magic Online.
- Define implementation of all new cards on Magic Online and prioritize updates to previously-implemented cards and mechanics.
- Monitor the Magic Online experiential ecosystem, and work with the Business and Digital teams to ensure the availability of fresh Magic Online gameplay opportunities at all times.
- Prioritize Magic Online card bugs based on their impact on commonly-played formats and decks.
- Represent R&D as an expert on digital gaming industry trends, technical aspects of game design, and the customer needs of digital gamers in general and Magic in particular.
- Represent the perspective of the Magic Online player in discussions surrounding changes that would impact Magic Online’s economy and play opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitors’ products, when applicable.
- Deliver all assigned products on time, on budget, and at high quality.
- Work closely with partners in Technology, Creative and Production Services, Marketing, and other departments.
- Establish relationships with the Magic Business Team and Magic Online Studio.
- Curate or manage the curation of the Magic Online Cube offerings.
- Participate in analog Magic teams and processes as assigned/necessary.
- Magic R&D Principal Designers.
- Director of Magic R&D.
- Magic Producer.
- Magic Development Manager
- Magic Online Business Manager
- Project Management Team
- Magic Digital/Technology
- We are stewards of Magic
- We are passionate about Magic
- We believe that Magic makes a difference
- We focus on growing Magic's audience
- We believe in discovery, surprise, and strategy
- We listen
- We improve
- We collaborate
- We debate
- We are inclusive and respectful
- We expect greatness
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.