Featured Job View
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Producer to join our team. Only local candidates need apply as there is no relocation assistance for this position.
Leads a team of multidisciplinary team of producers, designers, writers, developers, to publish Brand web sites and other online digital efforts for a multi- million-dollar business. Documents internal client needs and makes strategic recommendations to meet their business objectives.
Oversees the daily production of a high traffic web site; track progress against budgets and schedules; ensure that expectations are communicated to the entire team in terms of deliverables, and ensure that those deliverables are met; advise department Senior Producer in the day-to-day operations, acting as a proxy when appropriate.
Coordinates a Cross Functional Team Of: Architects, UX Designers, UI Designers, Visual Designers, Digital Art Directors, Game Designers, Requirements/Technical Analysts, Software Developers, Software Testers, Project Managers whether internal staff of vendors staff.
This position has no direct reports.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of assigned site support team.
- Develops Business Case and Business Requirements Documents to support brand requests for new work.
- Supports the Senior Producer and Executive Producer to create executive presentations.
- Oversees the site publishing team for the development of online product content, editorial calendars, marketing plans and cross-promotions for assigned brands.
- Provides process to design and develop of new web pages and maintenance of existing pages.
- Sets the direction for development of assigned Brands and creates plans for Brand's online activities.
- Works with applicable key contacts in Brand, Design, and other Marketing teams to ensure the web objectives, strategies, and tactics are carried out in accordance with the Brand and Marketing plans.
- Leads the team to plan, develop, and execute game marketing sites.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously on a daily basis.
- Maintains project tempo and pace.
- Follows and documents the Project Management methodology on all projects.
- Coordinates and manages special projects (e.g., videos, podcasts) as assigned.
- Works with visual and user experience designers to coordinate the look and feel of the web pages in accordance with Brand and corporate style guidelines.
- Works with localization team to ensure the timely delivery of localized content in 11 languages.
- Works with legal team to ensure timely legal approval of all deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Understanding of best practices in web Information Architecture
- Ability to make effective executive presentations
- Writing and editing new site content
- Experience collaborating with marketing teams including brand managers
- Experience with enterprise Content Management Systems and workflow
- Professional experience as a writer or editor for consumer-facing content
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills including mastery of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- This position requires a strong independent worker who is self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Superior scheduling, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
Education and Training:
- BA, BS degree, or equivalent year-for-year work experience preferred
Prior Related Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience project management or website design and development
- Minimum 5 years experience managing employees
- Experience on large customer-facing websites or digital game production strongly preferred
- Experience in a digital marketing agency, or internal service-oriented digital team
Travel would be very infrequent—1-2 trips per year at most.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position. n.