Featured Job View
Associate Manager, Event Marketing
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Product Manager, Magic: The Gathering to join our Marketing team.
Launched in 2002, Magic: The Gathering Online is the official online edition of the world’s most popular trading card game. Magic Online allows players to collect and trade virtual cards, build the perfect deck and find opponents at all skill levels – all from the comfort of their own homes. For more information on Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering Online, visit www.wizards.com.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Wizards is seeking to enhance Organized Play programs by adding entertainment value at all levels of play. Associate Manager, Events Marketing will focus on all Wizards of the Coast Organized Play consumer events, conventions and tradeshows. They will be part of the Organized Play Events Team and assist in the implementation and design of Wizards' brand visions and standards for these events. This position will represent Wizards of the Coast onsite, communicate key marketing messages to the public and industry peers by setting the style and tone via booth presentation and location, appropriate product representation, ancillary promotional events, graphics and signage as well as staffing.
- Develop and implement branded experiences for Wizards of the Coast at tradeshows and conventions as assigned. Work with Manager, Event Marketing in the tracking and measuring of success at each event
- Work cross functionally with internal and external teams on the design and creation of event marketing and programming materials ensuring product quality, while staying within budget for assigned events
- Work with Event Operations Specialist to manage logistics pre, on-site and post event; handle communication, quotes, prepayments, invoices, and post event balances due. Manage and evaluate all vendor services and companies;
- On Event Site management of turnkey production companies, decorators, convention centers, hotels, union labor, rental equipment companies, electricians, cash management agencies, etc. for assigned events
- Manage all internal Wizards/Hasbro and contracted event staff at assigned events. Arrange staff training and schedules, travel, lodging, pre event information, and post event reports for assigned events
- Implement and manage the unattended convention programs
- Represent Events Team at weekly brand/marketing meetings
- Keep current on event marketing industry trends and programs
This position will report directly to the Manager, Event Marketing. Together, they will manage all the day-to-day tasks of producing all WotC marketing events.
- Brand Managers
- Organized Play Program Managers
- Research & Development Design / Creative Managers
- Creative and Production Services Creative teams
- Third party vendors – promotion and event marketing agencies; production and design firms and suppliers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly creative and resourceful
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Very strong initiative, ability to work independently
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Budget management experience
- Strong written skills, ability to write actionable vision documents
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Familiarity with WotC games
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Strategic thinker
- International experience
- Familiarity with E-Sports models and player communities
Prior Related Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in the events industry
- Background in organizing promotional or community events
- Proven organization and project management skills coordinating multiple projects simultaneously within budget and designated timelines.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Event Promotion, or a related discipline, or commensurate work experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year.
- These trips usually include weekends and are often one week or longer.
- This person must be eligible for international travel.
- Office environment, ability to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
- Event environment, ability to work long weekend hours while on event sites, must be able to lift up to 50lbs and spend up to 10 hours on their feet.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- 12 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
|Manager, Player Experience Job (Stockley Park, UK, US)||Wed, 05/27/2015||Apply now||link|
|Operations Technician - Game Support||Tue, 05/26/2015||Apply now||link|
|Software Developer - Temporary||Fri, 05/22/2015||Apply now||link|
|Jr. Retail Support Rep. (Spanish Fluency Required) - Temporary||Wed, 05/20/2015||Apply now||link|
|Associate Manager, Event Marketing||Tue, 05/19/2015||Apply now||link|
|Network Engineer||Mon, 05/18/2015||Apply now||link|
|Systems Engineer, ServiceNow - Temporary||Thu, 05/14/2015||Apply now||link|
|WPN Senior Store Lead, Mexico Job (, , US)||Tue, 05/12/2015||Apply now||link|
|Graphic Designer, Fluent Japanese - Temporary||Thu, 05/07/2015||Apply now||link|